Friday 15 September 2017

love is a collage of moments spent














Google Image


our window looks in, in the morning, when you are not here;
it missed our looking outside together, in the morning;
it slowly turns away, doves stir on the sunshade

mornings are a-not-so-strong tea without your pinch of crushed ginger;
I read  mails along with tea; they all lack a point of reason;
I return to chores in kitchen as tea turns out a pointless attempt of joy

 love is the hurry-burry of mornings when you collide with me,
when I am taking spices from the right-top shelf and you the cups for tea;
love is your lunch box that I pack in a hurry, now it stares at me in the morning

when you return, bring some fresh ginger from the locals selling it at stations;
home is an untouched canvas now, bring it and let us splash some ginger tea
in the morning hurry-burry, and let us mop it with impish smiles and giggles




Visit dVerse Poets Pub for Meeting the bar

7 comments:

  1. Nice description of missing someone with each tied together by "tea". I liked this line describing love: "love is the hurry-burry of mornings when you collide with me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice example of metaphor in these final lines: "home is an untouched canvas now, bring it and let us splash some ginger tea
    in the morning hurry-burry, and let us mop it with impish smiles and giggles"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the metaphor "untouched canvas". It's applicable to so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feel of this. As you proceeded, I felt a sense of urgency in your words rise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like "hurry-burry of mornings"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you use the tea and the routines at home to paint a larger story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clock is just striking three as haibun Monday is upon us and I am still reading metaphors! So glad to read yours....LOVING this idea of mornings as "a-not-so-strong tea without your pinch of crushed ginger" and then the closing last stanza. Wonderfully done. It makes me think....I almost lost my spouse about 4 years ago...were he gone, what little things would be metaphorical to his love, to having him beside me in the morning, at night, on the sidewalk walking through town...."food" or "tea" for thought here. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete