Wednesday 12 December 2018

Peace


Among the leaves of my money plants
In between the books on my bookshelves
Inside the pen holder with colorful pens
Inside my paint box full of color tubes
Among the clothes and toys of my kids
Among their school bags and lunch boxes
Among my kitchen utensils and spice bottles
In between my morning and evening prayers
Among my friends and neighbors
On the streets where I walk and shop
Lies the whole of earth’s peace
My peace to be alive
Let me whisper this peace to the breeze
Let the wind infect every heart with peace
With enchantingly infectious peace and love…





















Google Photos


Visit Poets United for Peace on Earth--Midweek Motif

10 comments:

  1. May the wind hear and carry this blessing to us all.
    Sincere, delightful, peaceful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!💞 This is gorgeously written, Sreeja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, in our own lives, thankfully, we find peace. May it spread outwards. I loved this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So mote it be! May your words grow and touch the world like it needs to be touched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautiful poem Sreeja. I join my voice with yours and pray: May peace touch and light up each soul and bring happiness to this miserable world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy, fulfilling life is so beautiful and peaceful. How blessed we are to have it to live for we are satisfied with so little but but love

    ReplyDelete
  7. The effortless rhythm of this poem is enchanting Sreeja. Let there be peace. Yes indeed we need to spread it around like marmalade on toast

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blissful!
    Yes, peace needs to be a commonplace thing primarily within us all and then it will spread..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peace, easily found in simple places. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete