Sunday 21 April 2013

#17 napowrimo


1.      Searching lost verses

A vast spread of sand playing with tiding waves,
here on this sand bed, I sit with this sweet book of verses.
I dip in here and come out with pearls, shells and conches.
I wonder at the fairyland of words built in here on this sand
and under this water, that  lay hidden to my outward eyes;
beguiles, to take the plunge again and again.
All the wonderful worlds built on dreams and thoughts,
fills the grooves and ridges of memory’s vast land;
It’s forest, mountains, desert and oceans.
Its here, everywhere… still I search desperately;
For that lingering sweet phrase that got drowned,
For those intriguing names that perched high,
For exact moments, to pass on, but bushes overgrown.
I search desperately, among the entire wilderness.

1 comment:

  1. I love the title ~ We are all searching desperately for those lost verses ~

    ReplyDelete