Monday 18 May 2015

Silence fills in like air

Silence fills in like air
to every corner of chaos in here.
They talk in loud colors
and walk on high heels;
air, water, land, all under trade.
The window cries out for air
but it is silence that fills in like air
to every corner of chaos in here.

Silence like a stray crow in search,
like a black dot among the doves
of high buildings, silence, like a crow
in search of trees with green leaves,
connects my inner woods with a distant,
distant, distant land of green trees all over
where my feet could touch sand, the grains
that fill the gaps between my fingers,
the touch that connects my existence,
like an umbilical cord, with my inner
woods, where I see gods in trees, sun,
moon, rivers, sea, tigers, eagles, peacocks,
elephants and even rocks, where I curl in peace.

Silence fills in like air
to every corner of chaos in here,
where loud colors of inventions scream
and my woods are silent like distant dreams.



6 comments:

  1. The last four lines sum it up beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, I agree w/Debi Swim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--you are a connoisseur of silence here. Thanks much for participating in the prompt. K. (Manicddaily)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To breathe this silence and to be silenced by what we have to breathe seem akin to me in this poem. How long can we live on and in such air? I am with the window, crying out--OH! Mind the Gaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the imagery of silence filling in, like air, to every corner of chaos.....that's gorgeous....and those last four lines are just stellar.

    ReplyDelete