Sunday 13 October 2019

I am Sky/Ocean












I am sky
I reflect in puddles, streams,
Rivers and ocean;
I couldn’t fathom my clouds yet
Let alone my blue


You found me at the doorstep
Eagerly welcoming you
With unconditional warmth
And unbiased love;
It’s homegrown and bears no formality.
The day you see a caged parrot,
Forget me for I am the eagle that flies alone.
My songs are unsung;
Embrace the ocean and you may hear
The whale songs of my soul.


I am blue
I am deep
Leave your shallowness
At the doorsteps of my soul
---For I couldn’t fathom
How much I am nature,
How much I am sky---
Or you may find only a mirage
Of your desert…



 Visit Poets United for Wild Friday hosted by Sanaa

4 comments:

  1. Check shallowness at the door. I do love that thought. I love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is incredibly gorgeous writing, Sreeja!❤️ I love; "My songs are unsung; embrace the ocean and you may hear the whale songs of my soul." Thank you so much for writing to the prompt!😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Leave your shallowness
    At the doorsteps of my soul"...

    One with a whale song of a soul hasn't time for shallowness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no room for shallowness in love. I like that the subject insists on authenticity.

    ReplyDelete