Thursday 10 October 2019

Unnamed, dissolving!













Silhouettes of birds, scattered clouds, the vast blue//
Somewhere I belong, but as scattered as clouds could never be
Somewhere I belong, and fly as flocks of birds could never do
Somewhere I belong, maybe the blue that breaks images of all infinities
And then words dissolve, expressions too, I am nothing.

There is something in the stillness of trees, the leaves lost in thoughts
And the sudden breeze of nodding in revelation

There is something in the play of instruments, words lost in backgrounds
And the sudden smiles of unknown bliss

Crowds of men, women; resounding talks; people disguised as attire//
Somewhere I belong; some eyes are home to the sky above
Somewhere I belong; some smiles are clouds of unspoken love
Somewhere I belong; there are pristine unnamed abodes
And then boundaries dissolve, definitions too; the bliss of belonging to nothing!



Visit IGWRT for poems inspired by songs. Mine---Somewhere I belong (official video) Linkin Park.





10 comments:

  1. This poem sings like a song..the repetition is very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is ... thoughtful, soothing, wise. ‘people disguised as attire’ my favorite line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredibly deep and philosophical, Sreeja!❤️ I especially love; "There is something in the stillness of trees, the leaves lost in thoughts and the sudden breeze of nodding in revelation." Thank you so much for adding your voice to the prompt.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the repetition in this! Like a song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely, especially all the references to the sky, a great place to look for inspiration and renewal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somewhere "I" belong in that great blue, trees and clouds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bliss of belonging to nothing - love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some days we all live for that one moment to belong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. “The bliss of belonging to nothing” - what a wonderful thought. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete