Wednesday 23 September 2020

Stand tall




Catrin Welz-Stein’s images



Stand tall 

The pink hue  

                    roses I have grown// 

YOU 

Burn nights to decipher my look 

        To read every chapter  

                   Like I am an owned book// 

 

Undeniable scratches on time-scape 

                                   Thorns I have grown 

You push bushes forward---ah! Messiah --- 

                                Like I am a deer so frozen// 

 

I am roots, leaves and flowers on time-scape 

Of creation and of nurturing 

Turn your vicious nails and scratch it on your dead flesh 

                        Until it splits open to bleed 

And gulp down the pain, the syllables too. 

Straighten your eyes, your back; 

I stand here tall, rosy hue, cyphered look; 

Stand tall, know my eyes, don’t push bushes, 

Walk beside me, talk and know S P A C E 

                                              Around me, you and everything. 



Visit dVerse Poets Pub for morehttps://dversepoets.com

 

12 comments:

  1. The prompt image you chose was very well expressed Sreeja, fine writing. I really like these Welz-Stein artworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrasts between attractions and willingness to break the bonds to leave

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink hue, roses have I grown....those words set expectations of a lovely, soft, gentle and beautiful person/landscape/words to come. You do an excellent job of turning that on its head with words like "I am an owned book" and scratches, thorns, vicious nails, dead flesh and pain. Somehow, I feel it ends on a more even keel? SPACE around me....standing tall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You push bushes forward" Very cool language. Nice dark turn...I revisited the image for sinister hints. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This part speaks to me of self care:

    I am roots, leaves and flowers on time-scape

    Of creation and of nurturing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such delicacy and strength. You nailed this image! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even her hairstyle creates needed space...powerful words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the slow beginning that bursts into emotional intensity then settles into resolve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! This is absolutely splendid! Especially love; "I am roots, leaves and flowers on time-scape of creation and of nurturing."😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a firm inclination and resolve in these words! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stand here tall, rosy hue, cyphered look;
    Stand tall, know my eyes, don’t push bushes,
    Walk beside me, talk and know S P A C E

    There is a distinguishing element of confidence in pushing in an insistence of defence here Sreeja. Wonderful write!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete